test

Subject: test
From: jholly@uxts0004.cup.hp.com (jholly@uxts0004.cup.hp.com)
Date: Tue Feb 11 11:58:48 1997
test

From: abrogdon@arrl.org (Brogdon, Al,  K3KMO) (Brogdon, Al,  K3KMO)
Subject: SB-220 Power Output Decline

>From: W8JITom
>To: ocker
>Cc: cq-contest
>Subject: Re: SB-220 Power Output Decline
>
>The worse thing in the world is a long storage period for tubes like
>3-500Z's. The seals slowly leak, and the tube gasses up.

     In other words, the vacuum leaks out.

>The 500Z's getter (remove gas) via the gray coating on the anode. The
>gettering agent is activated when the anode is heated to the point of
turning
>red. There is little hope the gettering material will absorb all the gas,
>since the tubes have sat so long.

                              73,    Al, K3KMO

We now return this channel to Serious Discussion....

From: k7fd@netbridge.net (John Nicholson) (John Nicholson)
Subject: "Contester" interferes w/ pc: Help!

I know there may be better places to post this, but the smartest
hams hang out on this reflector & I need advice, so here goes:

My neighbor 300' away had an Aptiva 120MHz pentium. No matter
what I did, I still got into her computer speakers. Being a good
ham (let's pretend I didn't notice her long blonde hair, ok?) I
offered to come up with a solution. With that in mind,
I put .01 caps on the speaker leads, wrapped the speaker
leads around RF choke torroids, and put a brute force telephone
filter on her modem. But the speakers STILL picked up my ssb and cw
(I run 200w out...3 el Quad up 60'). I even switched out speakers
and have had the same problems. The good news is...

...in the meantime, she fell in love with me, moved in, learned the
code, is taking her Tech Plus this weekend...and we are getting
married in July!...

...but he bad news is I still haven't found a solution to the Aptiva!
Does anyone have any experience with this pc...and what I can do next?
As you can see, I'll go to any extent to get this problem solved...  :)

John K7FD and Annette (KC7U??)