ARRL DX CW 97

Subject: ARRL DX CW 97
From: Alex_van_Eijk_at_DPKO-UNAVEM@un.org (Alex_van_Eijk_at_DPKO-UNAVEM@un.org)
Date: Mon Feb 17 00:54:59 1997
Fellow contesters,

Maybe I overlooked something new in the rules that say that 'dupes'
(aarggh) are some sort of multiplier.

I did 40M-SB, and 5.7% are dupes! (The 'dupes' calling me, that is). I
thought that just-work-and-log-'em is better than going into
discussions as to whether or not Q'ed B4, but this is the result. And
not just casual operators just looking for some nice DX; quite a few
regular (so-called Big-Guns) appear several times in my log.

Calling CQ as much as you can, with as little listening as possible,
is another source for multipliers I came to notice.

Just a thought....

73, Alex D25L
(The most busted callsign in the world! There is a 'dit' after the 'H')