[CQ-Contest] Computers

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Computers
From: kb2hun@wizvax.net (William Liporace)
Date: Mon Feb 24 14:47:59 1997
HI,
I hope this is approriate for the reflector.  I have lost a pc in the last
couple of months.  I am thinking about assembling my own again.  I am
looking for suggestions for MB, HD, Monitors, & etc. The W9XT voice card
or a DVP board.  Size of monitor (looking at 17" monitor) and
manufactures.
What I also would like to know is what companies, good, bad, new, refurb,
used, etc.  What I am hoping to do is have a decent machine that will
compliment the shack for contesting.
What I lost was a 486-133 PCI bus w/ 24megs RAM, DVP board, tape back up,
SB16 w/ 4X CD-Rom & 14" monitor, 1.6gig IDE, 4 comports & 2 lpt ports all
with dedicated IRQs :-)

I will post a summary and offer complete summary for intrested parties.
TNX Will

William Liporace KB2HUN          kb2hun@wizvax.net
763 Huntingdon Drive             KB2HUN @ K2TR (yccc packet cluster)
Niskayuna, NY 12309              KB2HUN @ WA2PVV (NEDA)
518-346-3804 home                518-471-2837 work