[CQ-Contest] FT1000 upgrade - FYI

Subject: [CQ-Contest] FT1000 upgrade - FYI
From: jay@dunestar.com (Jay Terleski)
Date: Tue Feb 25 13:10:02 1997
I have sent my FT1000 back to Yeasu USA for a Pin Diode upgrade.  They
service manager SAM, said that the upgrade makes a big difference in the
filter selectivity and rejection.  Especially on the low bands 40m
-160m.

The cost is about $50.00 labor and parts are trivial.  20 diodes at .61
apiece.

I will have the radio back in about a weeks time and will report back to
the reflector on improvements.

I hope this may be of some interest to the contesters who have this
otherwise good radio.  The filter blow by has been an issue to many of
us on this reflector.

Its nice to see Yeasu addressing it with this upgrade.

BTW - this is a Upgrade and not a warrenty repair item.

Jay WX0B