[CQ-Contest] Island Hopping

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Island Hopping
From: kw4t@erols.com (Dan Weisenburger)
Date: Wed Feb 26 12:10:04 1997
Greetings Y'all,

I've been following the thread about location identifiers.  As just a
personal opinion if your out in the Pacific it would do all of us back
here a great service to sign your call with the "traditional"
identifier.
Hawaii offers KH, WH, NH, or AH as options to distinguish yourself from
the active locals.  KH7 will still be seen as Kure by thousands of the
much needed "locals" over here and the rest of the world.

When I go on the occasional IOTA trip if I talk about the "Island" the
next thing I get are inquires if I'm on Wake Island.  This is after
almost 20 years!  KW4 was never used on Wake Island as far as I know.
But, the old flying horse was still showing KW (no number) as Wake for a
number of years after I got this call.  My last paper copy shows KW6
('88).

We'll be Single/Single on 40 with LOW POWER (*) this weekend and work
everyone in the PAC.  I hope the ARRL can sort it out if CT can't.

73 from Lake Moneysgone,  Dan,  KW4T
100 Watts, A Tree, & A-HUNK-A-HUNK OF BURNING WIRE