[CQ-Contest] FT1000 upgrade - FYI Part II

Subject: [CQ-Contest] FT1000 upgrade - FYI Part II
From: jay@dunestar.com (Jay Terleski)
Date: Wed Mar 5 11:29:39 1997
I have just talked to Yeasu and my Radio is repaired and has the pin
diode upgrade.  Many of you asked me for more details.

This is for 1000 and 1000D radios.  Not MP.

The pin diode is a 1SV1507T1, Yeasu p/n is G2060014
It requires 20 diodes.  I should have it back in a week and I will try
to determine how much difference it makes.

The only person, by the way at Yeasu who really knows anything about
this upgrade is the service manager Sam.  So those of you who are trying
to get this done should talk to Sam.  John and Jerry don't know enouph
about it.

Thanks for working us at Xe2dv this last weekend.  Sorry conditions were
so bleak.

Jay, WX0B