[CQ-Contest] K4HQ asks

Subject: [CQ-Contest] K4HQ asks
From: n4rn@gate.net (Bill Loviska)
Date: Fri Mar 7 15:37:34 1997
At 01:45 PM 3/7/97 -0500, you wrote:

>     In addition to Bill, AA4LR's, comments on running, see QST, Dec 1997,
>center of page 19, for an excellent photograph of running.
>
>                              73,   Al
>
>--
>CQ-Contest on WWW:        http://www.contesting.com/_cq-contest/
>Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST@contesting.com

Al, while you 599CT guys might get to see the Dec 1997 QST now most of us
will have to wait a few more months.

Bill

From: Zack Lau <zlau@arrl.org> (Zack Lau)
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: radio evaluation: lab measurements?

K3BU@aol.com wrote:

> Another questionable article from March 97 issue of QST by N1QQV: What a
> Weekend!
> He writes about contest operation from the sailboat. What contest?
> Couldn't figure out.

2nd sentence:  "New England QRP to the Field" contest

Its run by the New England QRP club, which is having
a meeting this Sunday, March 9th, at ARRL Headquarters.
Anyone interested in QRP is welcome to attend. (9:30AM-4PM)

> Isn't station operating from the boat being on the ocean supposed to sign
> /MM? If the station is /MM can it count for land/country operation? Frome the
> article I gather that they didn't sign /mm and made lots of people happy by
> giving them Rhode Island QSO, while operating from the anchored or sailing
> boat, flying a kite antenna.
> Did the rules change while I was away? Or is QST promoting and publicizing

See 97.119 for current rules on identification.

Would you believe the New England QRP Club
contest manager gets to decide whether and how
the contacts count for the contest? Know anyone
who wants to "be King" and help us out?

Zack Lau W1VT  QRP NE #10  zlau@arrl.org