[CQ-Contest] ts-830s value?, and suitability for contesting?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] ts-830s value?, and suitability for contesting?
From: ve9aa@brunnet.net (Mike Smith-VE9AA, Coreen Smith)
Date: Tue Mar 11 23:38:14 1997
Hi, Mike/ve9aa here.  Once again I am searching into the great depths
of the combined expertise on this reflector!
Have a chance to buy a ts-830s....Before we all think I am nuts, it
will be a backup unit, and I am wondering how much I should offer
the guy for it.  It has NO cw filter (drats), but I will be primarily
using it in cw contests.  Are they any good?  (besides not having any
digital whizz-bang options and only 1 vfo)
Also, how much (if any) more versatile are they than the 530s?
Just got an old 530s a couple of weeks ago, and so far I like it.
Thanks for your comments!
-MIKE
p.s.-how rare are the cw filters generally?

Michael & Coreen Smith
271 Smith Rd, Waterville
Sunbury Co, NB, E2V 3V6
Canada