[CQ-Contest] Re: 830s.More

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: 830s.More
From: n4si@pobox.com (n4si@pobox.com)
Date: Wed Mar 12 06:47:38 1997
> Also, probably a way to switch a beverage in for RX, and a way to
> get it down to only 1watt-10watt OP to drive a ten-tec 6m
> transverter as my backup 6m rig.

As I said before, it is easy to add an external RX antenna. There is
also a transverter jack, which by using the appropriate DIN plug will
shut off the finals and use the output of the driver tube to provide
the drive to your transverter. I used a KW TV502 2 meter transverter
(a well documented "conversion") with my '830 for a while.

All is fairly well discerned from the manual.

73, Rod N4SI
    The DXer formerly known as N9AKE
         (c) 5 November, 1996