[CQ-Contest] OMNI VS FT1000MP

Subject: [CQ-Contest] OMNI VS FT1000MP
From: ksiid@access.mountain.net (Tom Horton)
Date: Thu Mar 20 22:34:40 1997
 A few days ago I asked for input on comparisons between the FT1000MP and
the OMNI VI.
 I received many responses. Thanks to all who have answered!

 Well, it looks like the Yaesu boys have won out, but I think that was to be
expected.
 I received so many requests for the results of this poll, I am putting it
here and
 hope that the reflector owners don't mind. This does after all pertain to a
contest     radio for a wannabe contester.

 ALL responses were so clearly in favor of the FT1000MP that there really is
no contest.
 The only comment in favor of the Omni said that for a day to day CW rig, it
was  probably better. Other than that , there were really no more comments
that were even  close.

 After seeing an MP in person this past weekend, I must say that it is
indeed a very  impressive looking radio.

 I almost feel guilty, no, not even almost...I do feel guilty that I have
decided to
 go with the Yaesu. I have owned and been using Tentec for 15+ years and it
certainly
 will be a different situation.

 Hopefully by the time I get back from my month of working in Algeria, I
will have one   to play with. Would be nice to have the manual to study
while I am there!

 73 to all and thanks for all the opinions and stories!

 Tom K5IID

Tom Horton K5IID....BY1QH (1986-1987)