[CQ-Contest] K1AR and/or K1DG Clones?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] K1AR and/or K1DG Clones?
From: slazar19@sgi.net (Spike Lazar)
Date: Sat Mar 22 17:04:26 1997
My fellow contesters,

Dayton HamVention soon will be here. Always in the past I had
a tough time telling K1AR apart from K1DG or visa versa. So in
past years I would scotch tape little thumb nail pictures of
John & Doug to the palm of my left hand. So whenever I ran into
them, which was often (unless they saw me first), I'd sneak a
look into my left hand, and was always able to tell them apart
and know who was whom.

Late breaking news from B.N.N.

Dateline: Dayton, Ohio

K1AR and/or K1DG was successful in cloning himself!

They were asked to speak about themselves at the 5th Annual
Contest Dinner at the Crowne Plaza Hotel on cloning contesters.
The meeting was well attended by 300 contesters from all over
the world who were lucky enough to have purchase their tickets
early. The scalpers had hit pay dirt, tickets were selling at 10
times face value outside the Van Cleve Ballroom.

K1AR arrived with his K1DG or visa versa and proceeded to the
podium. K1DG or was it K1AR? sat on his dais at the end of the
V.I.P. table munching on his prime rib dinners. The room became
silent in anticipation of the speech, a tribute to the advances
in the field of the modern contester.

"My fellow contesters", he began. But before he could utter another
word, the K1DG or was it the K1AR clone sprang to his feet and
screamed out, "I'm the real contester, he is the clone imposter!"

The crowd began to murmur as K1AR? commanded the K1DG? to sit down
and stifle himself. Or was it the K1DG commanding the K1AR?

Apologizing for the interruption, The K1AR or was it K1DG began
again, "My fellow contesters", Again the K1DG or was it the K1AR
sprang to his feet and screamed, "This guy couldn't recognize a
clone unless he was one!"

Incensed, K1AR or was it K1DG rushed over to K1DG or was it really
K1AR? they grappled with each other, biting, kicking and screaming,
and in the heat of the battle fell through the window!

The crowd gasped and the Window Police were called. A short while
later the Window Police announced somebody from the west coast is
going to win the cq ww multi-two this year!

Sincerely,
dr. Bafoofnik  (story inspired from the B.A.R.C postings)