[CQ-Contest] Re: WPX CONTEST

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: WPX CONTEST
From: n4kg@juno.com (T. A. Russell)
Date: Sun Mar 23 21:41:41 1997
 <kw4t@erols.com> writes:

>I like the rules just te way they are.

OF COURSE YOU DO!  The table is tilted in your favor.

 I hope every 1X2, 1X3, and 2#3
>as
>well as the 2#2's and 2X1's call me on 40 meters next weekend.

And they will, because they will all want your rare KW4
prefix/multiplier.

>73 from Lake Moneysgone,  Dan,  KW4T

But those same stations who call you are not likely to call your neighbor
in Lake Moneysgone, W4BUX, because in all likelyhood, they have
already worked another W4, so you have a clear and unfair advantage.
And who would want to give up an advantage?

This exact scenario happened to me years ago when I made a serious
TEN Meter single band entry in the Phone WPX contest.  I lost to
another 4 - lander with a rare prefix. I had more contacts than he, but
more (zero point) multipliers called him than called me with my more
common (zero point) prefix.  That was my first and last entry in WPX
contest.

de Tom - N4KG

.