[CQ-Contest] PLEASE WORK ME!

Subject: [CQ-Contest] PLEASE WORK ME!
From: Tim_Coad@smtp.svl.trw.com (Tim Coad)
Date: Mon Mar 24 13:34:18 1997
        Reply to:   RE>>[CQ-Contest] PLEASE WORK ME!

RE:Poisson d'Avril

I am glad to see that there will be QRP activity this year.
If you do enter the QRP category don't forget the rule that you must sign
/QRP so that the station who can barely hear you really has to work to
figure out that you are not portable and that he had your full callsign
correct (three fills earlier) after all.

As in other contests you also must observe the other QRP rules such as
repeating everything twice...especially the signal report.  This is an
important rule in all contests because it is critical that the station you
are working know that you can hear his 1500 watts 5 and 9,  5 and 9.
(Otherwise he might be tempted to turn on his real contest amp.)

I am not sure but I think you will be disqualified in most contests if you
fail to observe these rules, since it seems most QRP'ers know them. But I'll
have to check the rules on this contest to be sure.

Gud Luck!

;-)   Tim - NU6S