[CQ-Contest] WPX 0-point discussion

Subject: [CQ-Contest] WPX 0-point discussion
From: n4kg@juno.com (T. A. Russell)
Date: Thu Apr 3 21:47:47 1997
On Thu, 3 Apr 1997 08:57:17 -0800 Trey Garlough <trey@kkn.net> writes:
>> Giving 1 point for in-country contacts would have an overall
>negative
>> effect on the contest.
>
>> (TELL ME HOW? I DON'T AGREE WITH THIS UNSUPPORTED STATEMENT.)
>
>Since we are talking hypotheticals here, I would like to express some
>hypothetical concern about giving the east coast USA boys two 2-points
>per QSO for working each other on 40, 80, and 160 -- >--Trey, N5KO

YOU MEAN LIKE the EUROPEANS GET for working  EACH  OTHER?

PARAPHRASING  SOME OTHER COMMENTS:

   " Europe is a big continent, with lots of people working each other.
North America is a big continent with lots of people working each
other...
    EXCEPT, that the Europeans get points for working each other
    and most (North) Americans DO NOT."

    The South Americans express concern over difficulty working
     Europe in the WPX  contest and use this to argue against giving
     contact credit to North Americans.  I can see another alternative
     here that would equalize all continents:

     MAKE  ALL  SAME  CONTINENT  CONTACTS  ZERO  POINTS.

     That should answer the cries of those who wish to emphasize the
      intercontinental aspects of this competition.

de Tom N4KG