[CQ-Contest] Summary:M/S - where to put legal limit amp vs 1kw amp?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Summary:M/S - where to put legal limit amp vs 1kw amp?
From: ke1fo@contesting.com (Alfred J. Frugoli)
Date: Sun Apr 6 20:51:37 1997

--

Here are the results:

1.5kw on run station  - 9 votes
1.5kw on mult station - 1 vote
Other opinions        - 5 votes including:
     2 votes for putting the amp that can handle a higher duty cycle on
the run station and putting an amp that has quick bandchange capability
on the mult station.
     1 vote for being more concerned about the operator and antennas for
the particular conditions becuase the difference in the two amps is less
than 2db.
     1 vote for putting the amp with the more rugged tube(s) on the
station that would be most apt to be tuned into the wrong antenna or
other sleepytime errors like that.
     1 vote for it not mattering at all becuase "most contest stations
run illegal power anyway" (this vote came form the amps reflector).

--

A full summary is available, if interested please e-mail me directly.
Thanks.

--
Al, KE1FO, ex. KE6BER    mailto:ke1fo@contesting.com or ke6ber@tiac.net
Check out my web page, http://www.tiac.net/users/ke6ber for summaries