[CQ-Contest] Icom 756

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Icom 756
From: W6TG@aol.com (W6TG@aol.com)
Date: Tue Apr 8 23:01:43 1997
Seems to me this radio was the topic of discussion a little while back.
Am I MISSING something or what? I drove 1 1/2 hrs to HRO in Burbank today to
check this radio out...ready to buy one if I liked what I saw. I am real
interested in other views on the following. 1.) Ad for this radio states it
has "IF Notch". The only notch I could find was the "auto notch". It clearly
notched a hetrodyne but did nothing for removing the signal from the agc (s
meter). To me this is a "audio" notch. ???
2.) Icom's ads also state this radio has "adjustable DSP in both TX and RX".
Other than the mic tone adjustmants I could not find anything that to me
represented
"adjustable DSP".  I spent close to one hour playing with this radio and went
through every page of the manual twice. To me this looks like a classic case
of false advertising. By the way the store manager called Icom to get my
questions answered and was put on hold for 10 minutes when I told him to
nevermind... I was not going to buy the radio.

TNX,
Terry - W6TG