[CQ-Contest] WPX rules, changes ?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] WPX rules, changes ?
From: w4an@contesting.com (Bill Fisher - W4AN)
Date: Thu Apr 17 14:16:50 1997
> 4) A solution would be to take away points to all in-continent QSO, solving
>    like this the "unequalities" and giving some (little help) to VK an ZL.

This idea was thrown out by Tom (N4KG) only as a "How would you like it"
scenario.  I don't believe this discussion is a "Lets make everyone
equal" type of discussion.  That will never happen, why try?

The idea is to give guys in areas that work a high percentage of ZERO
point ZERO credit QSO's a reason to be on the air.  This is the only
contest that encourages country to country QSO's and gives NO credit for
a high percentage of those QSO's.

Nobody will care about this issue in 3 years.   I dont think that's a
reason to drop the discussion.  Encouraging contest participation at the
bottom of the cycle is a good thing.

"Gee, you guys back west only have to suffer for 3 or 4 years.  What a bunch
of whiners."  Signed:  Whiskey somebody ONE Blah blah blah.

73

Bill, W4AN