[CQ-Contest] Reminder about THE DAILY DX

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Reminder about THE DAILY DX
From: N6NT@worldnet.att.net (Bruce Sawyer)
Date: Wed Apr 30 15:40:18 1997
At 02:25 AM 4/30/97 +0000, W3UR wrote:
>Today (GMT) April 30th is the last day for charter subscribers to
>THE DAILY DX.  See our Homepage for complete details.
>--
>Bernie McClenny W3UR (ex WR3E, WB3JRU)
>http://www.wdn.com/thedailydx
>

>--
>CQ-Contest on WWW:        http://www.contesting.com/_cq-contest/
>Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST@contesting.com

This sure looks to me like an advertisement--a commercial message here on
the contest reflector.  This is the same thing that happens to me every
evening when I try to have a peaceful dinner with my wife and instead have
to tolerate a constant stream of telephone sales pitches.  Don't we all have
enough of these commercial messages interrupting the peace and tranquility
of our daily lives???

The answer is to fight back!  REFUSE any solicitation from this
service...REFUSE to provide any supporting information to this guy and his
"service".  Make sure that if he is going to spam the contest reflector,
then he never gets this thing off the ground.

Bruce, N6NT