[CQ-Contest] CQ contest hall of fame

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQ contest hall of fame
From: je1cka@dumpty.nal.go.jp (Takao KUMAGAI)
Date: Thu May 1 22:18:26 1997
on 97/05/01, K3BU@aol.com writes:

: Contest Hall of Fame was first proposed and established by Yuri Blanarovich,
: VE3BMV (now also K3BU) as a part of programs sponsored and ran by
: International Radiosport Association (IRSA) and Radiosporting Magazine (first
: published in Radiosporting Magazine Nov. 1984).

Would you tell me when this announcement was made officially on Radiosporting
magazine? I'll dig the past issues to check how official announcement was
made.

: Later on CQ Magazine decided "to take over" the Contest Hall of Fame without
: negotiating or asking IRSA. When I questioned this the answer was "there was
: nobody inducted". (Some call it stealing, some violation of Copyright) We
: were preparing to have W2PV to be the first one to have this honor, but.....
:  in the good ham spirit, we let it be. There was no thank you, nor credit
: given.

Did you made this question officially on Radiosporting? I could not remember
whether I read such announcement on it.(Well, it was the long time ago anyway)

I know that Radiosporting violated the Copyright of other contest club
bulletin.

: Rumors are that IRSA and Radiosporting might be coming back to life. Looking
: for volunteers to help with various aspects of IRSA activities and
: contributors to Radiosporting OnLine. Home page is quietly brewing.
: I guess we have to stay one step ahead.

I do not know such rumors at all. I had been acting as a representative
of IRSA in Asia/Japan. I solicited many JA contesters to read or to
write any articles for RADIOSPORTING. But it quited without any notice.
I had a lots of complains from JA readers. Can you imagine? Since then,
I have never had any apologies or explanations from the publisher/
editor VE3BMV at this time.

First of all, you shoud send the official apologies and exact explanations
to all the readers of RadioSproting. Without that no one support you.

: Stay tuned, Yuri, K3BU, VE3BMV, P40A

Keep your ear open for the past RadioSporting readers and IRSA members.
        ---------
        Tack Kumagai JE1CKA/KH0AM
        TEL:81-30-066-6408, FAX:81-423-93-4449
        Internet: je1cka@nal.go.jp