[CQ-Contest] Inexpensive bulletproof telephone

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Inexpensive bulletproof telephone
From: k6ll@juno.com (David O Hachadorian)
Date: Tue May 6 13:10:37 1997
I have discovered that the Radio Shack model 43-591C
telephone has excellent immunity to RFI. I wrapped
a long phone cord around the 1500W amplifier and tested
several phones on all bands. The 43-591C was totally
clean on every band, except for some barely audible
interference on 10 meters. 10 meters was clean when the
phone was plugged into the wall, without the cord
being wrapped around the amplifier. My other phones
didn't fare so well during this test.

The 43-591 is on sale for $16.99, at least in this area.
At that price, you can stockpile a few, and loan them
to neighbors when they come to complain on contest
weekends. This approach seems to work pretty well.
Sometimes it drives home the point that the problem
is on their end, and they stop complaining. Sometimes
they don't return the phone, and are too guilt-
ridden to come back and complain about something else.
Either way, they stop complaining.

It's cheaper than a lawsuit, even if you win.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
k6ll@juno.com