[CQ-Contest] (2) AE0M vs HOA BoD

Subject: [CQ-Contest] (2) AE0M vs HOA BoD
From: becker@SPRINTMAIL.COM (Tony and Celia Becker)
Date: Fri May 23 01:32:04 1997
Hi All!

>We have received the following letter from the HOAs attorney:

>snip<
>The Board of Directors of Inverness Homeowners Association met
>last night to discuss what occurred at the mediation held on May
>9, 1997.
>
>The Board is presently formulating an amendment to the bylaws to
>be presented to the Homeowners Association body for determination
>and a vote.
>
>This amended bylaw will be encompassing the ideas presented at
>the mediation, in particular, a vehicle whereby any homeowner
>would be able to petition the association to utilize ham radio
>operations, without interference to the neighbors or unsightliness
>of radio antennae to the common areas. [sic]
>
>[Bold on] Therefore, the Homeowners Association does not wish to
>continue with the continued mediation presently scheduled for
>Monday, June 2, 1997.  [End Bold]
>
>snip<

Boy, are these people STUBBORN!  How unsightly is attic antenna anyway?

Just wait until the League realizes that some control freaks want hams to
petition them for prior permission to transmit AND to sign a contract promising
to refrain from exercising the privileges of their Federal license to transmit
lawfully, if some neighbors $20.00 baby monitor cannot reject the signal.

OK, competitors, what should our new strategy be?  Operators are standing by...

Gotta go now, I have an irresistible urge join my buds at N6RO where we will
transmit 1500W of sweet CW on all 6 bands from antennas at least 100' high
surrounded only by vineyards for a half mile all around, repeating K3EST a few
million times this weekend.  (You are cordially invited to answer us at least
once.)

73
AE0M, Tony Becker - becker@sprintmail.com - Silicon Valley, U.S.A.