[CQ-Contest] ANTA = 1901

Subject: [CQ-Contest] ANTA = 1901
From: aa0cy@robertwanderer.gardnerville.nv.us (ROBERT WANDERER)
Date: Mon May 26 15:59:55 1997
I don't like the cuts for serial numbers. When it happened, I almost always
required a fill unless I knew it was coming because I was in the queue. I think
it ought to be reserved for zones and never used for serial numbers. The rules,
however, require you to use precisely what was sent. Should I put ANTA in the
serial number space? That was, after all, what was sent. The same query
applies to when the power is used (ARRL DX).

The speedup of the 5NN seems almost universal and it doesn't throw me. I use
this method myself. I could see how it may cause problems under marginal
conditions,
however.

73,
Bob AA0CY