[CQ-Contest] Re: [na-user] Remote access

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: [na-user] Remote access
From: w4an@contesting.com (Bill Fisher - W4AN)
Date: Wed May 28 11:47:54 1997
K8CC writes:
>      Peter, PB0AIU asked whether there was a way to remotely access the log
>      of another station (perhaps a multi) to check the log for mults, talk
>      to the ops, etc.

>      Also, it is my belief that this violates the definition of a "station"
>      with regards to multi-ops and the geographic circle it must fit
>      within.  If you're ten miles away, and you can peer into another
>      station's log, interact with the ops, etc., are you not part of that
>      station?  If this is the case, are you not violating the circle rule?

I always thought it would be a neat feature for multi's to be able to set
up a ring of multiops that you exchange bandmap information with during
the contest.  The bandmap info could be updated with talk messages sent
automatically to each of the stations defined as wanting to receive this
information.  On a good cluster system this would work slick.  In the NE
K1KI could exchange this info with say KC1XX, K1EA, and K1TTT.  Can you
imagine how good their bandmaps would be with such exchange of info?

73

Bill, W4AN