[CQ-Contest] Re: MORE ct nbrs

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: MORE ct nbrs
From: AD6E@aol.com (AD6E@aol.com)
Date: Thu May 29 15:43:01 1997

<< To me, a sensible
 alternative would be an alphabetic serial number.  It would never be longer
 than three digits!  Example AAA = QSO #1.  AAY = QSO # 25.

 73,  Paul, KB8N >>

I propose using pure binary as a real time saver.  Thus 599  0123 would be
sent as:
  - - - - - . . . - .    - - . - - - -   Then we could have a whole new
thread discussing leading MSB or LSB.  This, of course, would be quite legal
since the rules usually state (or imply) that CW be used for communicating,
but usually don't specify Morse, American, binary, or even Kangi.

 73,  Al    AD6E@aol.com