[CQ-Contest] More Cut Nums

Subject: [CQ-Contest] More Cut Nums
From: Ric.Painter@12.collage.net (Ric Painter)
Date: Wed May 28 05:57:43 1997
RE: "Cut Numbers" (WPX CW)

W4YV|>The contest committee's could deal with this one
W4YV|>quickly, by adding "NO CUT NUMBERS ALLOWED FOR SERIAL NUMBERS,
W4YV|>ONLY ACCEPTED INTERNATIONAL NUMBERS ARE TO BE USED."

-----------

CQ Communications, as the Contest Sponsor, will have to add clarity
to their rules (if needed) and/or enforce their rules when they are
clearly being violated.  Score reductions and disqualifications
will send a strong message to the event participants.  Without such
consequences to such violations, there will likely be little change.
When there's this much confusion and/or consternation, the sponsor
should communicate (unique idea!) with their constituents (IMHO).

While I did send full serial numbers, I did not send leading zeros
and I did not send full RST numbers.  If my sending 5NN is a violation
of the sponsor's rules, and the sponsor chooses to penalize me for the
violation then I will choose to change my habit(s) to accommodate the
sponsor.  Otherwise I'm tempted to continue with my "bad" habit(s).

GV  Ric  Wo4o  <Ric.Painter@12.collage.isdn.net>  (Ridgetop, TN)

 _/       _/_/_/_/   _/_/_/_/    . . .  Tennessee Contest Group

tcg@music-city.tdec.state.tn.us         An ARRL Affiliated Club