The II MARCONI MEMORIAL CONTEST HF 1997
1) Aim: The MARCONI MEMORIAL CONTEST HF commemorates the
II Century of RADIO and its father: GUGLIELMO MARCONI. It's a
world-wide competition: everybody can work everybody, only CW.
2) Date and time: Every IV full week-end of June from 1400 Utc
Saturday till 1400 Utc Sunday. In 1997 it will be on
3) Classes: 1)Single Operator 2)Multi Operator.
Subclasses of class 1: L)Low power (max 100W out) Q)Qrp (max 5
watts out). The operators L and Q in the class 1 will be
marked and awarded.
4) Bands and mode: Only CW, 10m thru 160m (except Warc bands)
are allowed according to IARU Band Plans. The band can be
changed only after 10 minutes you have been on it. The 10
minutes' count starts from the first QSO made on that band.
5) Exchange: The station send RST + a serial number from 001.
6) Qso/Points: Each QSO, verifiable by crossed checking,
count 1 Point.
7) Multipliers: All CQWW countries count 1 multiplier.The same
multiplier can be counted once for band.
8) Final Score: The sum of Qso/Points from all bands multiplied
by the sum of multipliers from all bands.
9) Logs and summary sheet: standard logs are necessary. A
summary sheet is required showing all the QSO details on each
band, class of entry, power, name, callsign, full address of
the applicant, callsign of the operators and a signed
declaration. Computerized logs on diskette are welcome only
in ASCII format. You can apply for the free software to the
Contest Manager: send a formatted 1.44 Mb diskette with SAE
and two IRCs for return postage, or via Internet at the site
http://www.publi.it/ham/marconi . Logs must be mailed within
30 days from the end of the contest and addressed to:
ARI sez.di Fano POBox 35 61032 FANO (PS) Italy.
Please enclose your station description and your comments. A
picture will be much appreciated.
10) Penalties and disqualification: Penalties and disqualifi-
cation will be applied for violation of the contest rules.
Each decision of the Contest Committee will be final.
11) Award: A plaque with certificate will be awarded to the
No.1 top scoring station in each class and subclass. A
certificate will be awarded to No.2,3,4,5 top scoring in each
class as well as to the No.1 top scoring stations in each
country in each class and subclass.
The Committee will send to the No.1 top scoring of single
operator (if it is not a member) the "MARCONISTA" award of
the MARCONI CLUB of LOANO.
Il Presidente ARI Fano
CQ-Contest on WWW: http://www.contesting.com/_cq-contest/
Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST@contesting.com