[CQ-Contest] intl radio filter

Subject: [CQ-Contest] intl radio filter
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Mon Jun 9 10:30:11 1997
In a message dated 97-06-09 00:01:44 EDT, ve4xt@mb.sympatico.ca (Kelly
Taylor) writes:

> Hi. Anyone using International Radio crystal filters in a TS-850?
>
>  Any comments regarding quality/performance appreciated, particularly as
>  pertaining to contest operation or in comparison with the KW filters.

    I've got a full complement of the IR filters in my 940 and they are THE
BEST investment you can make for your radio. They are FABULOUS! The 400 Hz CW
filters are sharp. You've never seen the Kenwood slope tuning work until
you've used it with the IR filters. Tuning out the low end growl from
adjacent signals on sideband is amazing.

     The Kenwood filters aren't even close in performance and selectivity.

73,  Steve   K7LXC