[CQ-Contest] RE: AA Contest-Check Logs

Subject: [CQ-Contest] RE: AA Contest-Check Logs
From: n2au@lightlink.com (Art & Linda Hubert)
Date: Tue Jun 24 19:05:39 1997
Dear Mr Kumagai, JE1CKA

To have 17% of the entrants logs not quite disqualified, but considered
as check logs, I would think be a little alarming to the AA Contest
committee.  After speaking with Mike, 7Z5OO, on the matter, he states
that a CT log entry was accepted last year without the signal report
sent, but this year the committee decided to disqualify such logs for a
possible award.  If the committee did not send out a warning letter that
the CT program would not meet their criteria, I believe they have done a
great injustice to those who decided to operate in the AA Contest.  Can
the AA contest afford to lose 17% or more of their entries??  I don't
think so.
After looking at your rules, I see nothing that states CT software is
not valid for your contest. The contest committee, knew of this problem,
but failed to rectify it. To ask for a signal report and in this case
your age to be repeated on the logsheet really is meaningless.
The AA Contest committee should re-instate these entries and put the
contest community on notice that the CT program does not meet their
needs.
Art-N2AU