[CQ-Contest] RE: rules (was: ANTA...)

Subject: [CQ-Contest] RE: rules (was: ANTA...)
From: HARPERD@TX.SLR.com (HARPER, DAVID)
Date: Tue Jun 3 17:13:29 1997
Some years ago (aroune '87 or '88 maybe?) QST had an article concerning
Field Day operations, in which they specifically encouraged creative
interpretation of the Field Day rules.
As for other contests, it is difficult to write rules to cover every
possible
situation; therefore, "loopholes" can be found.  This is not necessarily
bad, but when the majority of the contesting community (not just some
sore losers) views the exploitation of a specific loophole as an
unethical
thing or something not in the spirit of the rules, then I think an
amendment
to the rules is called for.  This is not an easy thing to judge,
however.
Competitors are very opinionated and you can't please everyone!
73,
Dave  WD5N   .../HC8, /KP2,  ZK1NAR, FO0HAR, VP5EA
<harperd@tx.slr.com>

p.s. regarding cut numbers, my own opinion of them is that I don't
      like them except for T and N, especially in serial numbers. But
      I also don't like guys with lots of dits in their calls sending at
      50 wpm either.  In neither case do I think a rules change is
      needed.