[CQ-Contest] IARU condx

Subject: [CQ-Contest] IARU condx
From: cooper@gmpvt.com (Tom Cooper)
Date: Mon Jul 14 10:59:58 1997
I can honestly say that condx for the first 8 hours or so were the
worst I've ever heard for DX.  20M was it, and stations which usually
make my s-meter light up as the pointer pins at full scale only wiggled
it a bit.  Running 100W, it was harder than it usually is with QRP.

Around 4PM ET someone must have sprinkled pixie dust from the MIR, because
all of a sudden things came alive for us at latitude N45.

This was still a fun contest, but we need some solar help.  Can't the Congress
do something about this?

Tom W1EAT

 -
 ---