[CQ-Contest] IARU Clarification

Subject: [CQ-Contest] IARU Clarification
From: dieven@msn.com (Dick Dievendorff)
Date: Fri Jul 18 05:25:16 1997
Bill:  When I was in the UK a group of us, all RSGB members, activated the
"RSGB HQ stations.  We had 3 or 4 separate callsigns, GB3HQ, GB4HQ, GB5HQ...
We arranged a schedule so that no two of us would be on the same band at the
same time.  Our objective was to get the UK HQ station into everyone's log.
We submitted a log, but we weren't trying to win the contest or even the HQs.
But some grumbled about this technique.
I for one was glad to have the Qs, we all ran solid all the time, and it was a
lot of fun.  QSLing was a drag, as we QSLed the log and I got no cards, and
there were some band/mode counters I would have liked.  I had a piece of paper
that said that the callsign was assigned to me for the period, and they would
have counted for DXCC.

Now if we could activate W1AW/1, /2, /3, /4, /5, /6, /7, /8, /9, and /0
concurrently........

73 de Dick, K6KR
 -
 ---