[CQ-Contest] Sweepstakes legend, The rest of the story!

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Sweepstakes legend, The rest of the story!
From: gdo@aloft.micro.lucent.com (Glenn D. O'Donnell)
Date: Thu Jul 10 10:17:47 1997
> As I walked through this natural treasure-trove, I couldn't help to
> notice each one had a bronzed qsl attached and each of these Oak's was
> a member of FRC or PVRC. In a small clearing surrounded by these mighty
> Oak's was an omnipresent Redwood. The lowest branchs of this Redwood
> towered above the canopy of the Oaks, as I looked up at the Redwood's
> bronzed qsl it said W4KFC.

One of the true gems of literature ever published on CQ-Contest!
The good Doctor has spoken, and spoken eloquently.  I remember
reading about Vic's passing in QST.  I was a REAL neophyte at the
time so I never got to experience the personna myself.  I feel I
missed out on something special but I enjoy reading testimonials
like this. They give me some sense that I did indeed know this
great man.

73 de Glenn, K3PP

 -
 ---