[CQ-Contest] IARU comments

Subject: [CQ-Contest] IARU comments
From: w4an@contesting.com (Bill Fisher, W4AN)
Date: Sun Jul 13 19:26:52 1997
I've operated this contest twice from W6, many times from Missouri, and many
more from Georgia.  This contest, because of its time of year, point
structure, and multiplier structure, is the closest thing to a fair contest.
I had a great time and getting beat by someone with a "5" in there call is a
nice change of pace.  Congrats to N3BB/5 and crew.

Only complaint is the number of HQ stations that are now QRV.  At what point
do we decide that it is ridiculous?  10 years ago there were a few HQ
stations.  In my estimation, there should be a fixed number of HQ stations
and they should be distributed equally around the globe.  Not 30 in Europe.
Why can't there be 10 HQ stations and they are allocated every year to
different countries/locations?

Just a thought.  If I were in W6, I would be a little concerned about this
change of equal distrubtion of multipliers to a concentration of mults in
Europe like the rest of the DX contests.  Works in my favor though.

73

Bill

Bill Fisher, W4AN (EX KM9P)
http://www.contesting.com