[CQ-Contest] IARU 97 SCORES

Subject: [CQ-Contest] IARU 97 SCORES
From: thompson@mindspring.com (David L. Thompson)
Date: Wed Jul 16 11:55:11 1997
A tip of my hat to all the stations who ran up more than 800Q's (NA or 500
DX) in the IARU. Sunspots are at the lowest ebb so 10 and 15 were E or TE
when you could find it, 20 was the milk run band, and then that static on
40, 80, and 160.  I do think that with good antennas 40 was the night time
band even beating 20 at times.  Proves that signals are still there.. we
just forget about them due to static.  Some of the EU 40M sigs were 30 to 40
over nine and easier to work than W6 from here!  Only problem is the night
is shorter than OCT/NOV/FEB/MAr.  Hey IR4T was 58 on SSB at 2100Z...thats
3.5 hours before sunset!

NU1AW 7100+ Q's GAD.............

Good job to all.

Dave K4JRB