[CQ-Contest] Computer vs Paper logging

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Computer vs Paper logging
From: w7why@mail.coos.or.us (Tom Osborne)
Date: Sun Jul 13 16:24:58 1997
Hi Fellow contesters.
There has been a lot of talk on the reflector about computer logging.  I
have been doing some experimenting with some old computers I have picked
up and would like to share a bit of it with the reflector.  I have found
out that the old "XT's" work fine with some comomonly used software.  CT
up to version 8 works fine.  WF1B's RTTY software up to 2.25 works fine.
(don't know about latest upgrades as haven't upgraded mine yet).  Also
Baycom packet software works fine on an XT.  Hyperlog logging software
works fine.  The XT's I have were given to me by people that were just
trying to get rid of them. I have 3 of them. You can also find them at
garage sales or flea markets for 5 or 10 dollars.  So don't turn your
nose up at them if you get a chance to get one.  I leave my big computer
free for other stuff and dedicate one XT for each contest or packet.  It
is a cheap and easy way to get on computer logging or contesting.  73 and
back to the IARU.
Tom W7WHY

 -
 ---