[CQ-Contest] THHN Wire

Subject: [CQ-Contest] THHN Wire
From: k1vr@juno.com (Fred Hopengarten)
Date: Tue Sep 9 11:18:12 1997
W1FV and I are working on a gain array for 160 using sloping wires.  The
time has come to select the wire.  For cost and ease of use, I am
thinking about using #12 THHN stranded.  This is a readily available (any
Home Depot or Home Quarters) wire which is covered with a jacket which is
oil and abrasion resistant.  The biggest problem, I suspect, is that in
an antenna application it will stretch.

John (W1FV) wants to know:

*     Electrical properties (velocity factor, high voltage RF
breakdown characteristics of insulation), and

*     Mechanical properties (stretch, breakage, etc.).

Anybody have this information for #12 THHN stranded? Is there a wires web
page?

Will publish results. -- Fred K1VR