[CQ-Contest] Contesters - your help is sought - read and advise please

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contesters - your help is sought - read and advise please
From: K4OJ@aol.com (K4OJ@aol.com)
Date: Thu Sep 18 20:48:47 1997
Fellow Contesters,

What if there were a new (re-born) conterst on the last full weekend of
April....would this be a good weekend for, say, a state QSO Party?

The Florida Contest Group is proud to announce the re-birth of the Florida
QSO Party.  We tentativly have picked the last weekend in April as the date,
based on internet and contest calendar searches this one doesn't seem cram
packed with contesting activities....

We need your input, as contesters, to be sure there is NOT a conflict with
any major ham operating event.  We want to have a contest that is fun for
contesters - after all we want to have high rates and you can provide us with
them!

Is there an event we missed, and is this a bad weekend, if so - why?

The weather favors us here in Florida, the Sunshine State is blessed with
it....in April it is not SO hot that the mobiles' radiators will be
overheating - and this is just before the Hamvention so we can have something
to talk about in between beers while we are there!

As more develops we will advise the appropriate contest editors, WA7BNM,
County Hunters, etc....look for this to be the next great QSO Party - it will
be fun!

Is the date ok?

please e-mail k4oj@aol.com

Thanks guys, 73

Jim, K4OJ
President - Florida Contest Group

.....the alligators aren't just on 75 meters anymore!