[CQ-Contest] 1000D Vs 1000MP

Subject: [CQ-Contest] 1000D Vs 1000MP
From: Joe_Wilkowski@mc.xerox.com (Wilkowski,Joe)
Date: Mon Sep 22 06:53:17 1997
Folks,  for those of you who have these rigs, can you pass along your
 pro's & cons ?  It's time for a new rig.  I am primarily a CW op and
 contester.  The principle rig in the shack is a Icom 765 which has
 served me well.  In my mode of operation, 500 Hz is about as tight as
 I like to go from a IF passband prospective.  I am looking for things
 like AGC action, QSK response times, envelope patterns on first QSK
 character ( full dot ) etc. What is required for the computer
 interface ?  Are there any troubles using CT / DVP ?  Side tone
 tracking, adjacent channel interference and other subjective
 evaluations  as well.  Last but not least, ease of operability.  How
 much time do you have to devote to playing with either of the rigs
 during a contest ?

Thanks for your time and patience  and please answer to me personally,
 if there is interest I will summarize and  publish to the reflector.

/joe k8fc
joe_wilkowski@mc.xerox.com