[CQ-Contest] JOTA - thanks & summary

Subject: [CQ-Contest] JOTA - thanks & summary
From: albraun@socket.net (Alan Braun)
Date: Tue Sep 23 04:10:44 1997
Thanks to everyone who responded to my request for help about JOTA.
There were so many I haven't had time to reply to each individually.

The consensus seems to be to do a FD-type operation, with an HF SSB
station but also with CW if anyone asks for it, as well as a VHF repeater
and/or packet station.  A number of resources were suggested including
some from BSA national and others on the ARRL web page (http://www.
arrl.org).  I've downloaded the stuff from the ARRL site and found it to
be excellent.

I pasted all the replies together, with no further editing.  It runs about
40 k as a text file and 42 k as a WordPerfect version 6 document.  I also
have a "station operators guide" that runs about 5 k as a text file or 7 k
as a WP6 document.  I would be happy to send them in either format
(zipped) to anyone who is interested - just e-mail me.

Thanks again and hope to see some of you in JOTA!  73 - Alan NS0B

* Alan Braun MD, NS0B/V31EV *Internet: albraun@socketis.net       *
* Jefferson City, MO        *Packet: NS0B@N0LBA.#cemo.mo.usa.noam *