[CQ-Contest] 80M CW Contest Frequencies

Subject: [CQ-Contest] 80M CW Contest Frequencies
From: PaulKB8N@aol.com (PaulKB8N@aol.com)
Date: Tue Sep 2 10:41:39 1997
Gang,

Just as food for thought as we approach another contest season, I'm noticed a
lot of the empty spectrum between the phone and CW portions of the 80M band.
 I know that in some countries that the entire 80M band is not available, but
perhaps with some push from our community, we might change the way we use the
band.

My thought is: Why not use 3600-3700 KHz as the primary CW contesting
frequencies?  Novices could have a portion of the lower end of the band.

Rationale:  Shorter antennas, less antenna adjustment between CW and Phone
weekends.   Perhaps a tiny advantage in propagation.

As more folks start using 80M beams and directional arrays, it might make
this idea seem more reasonable.  Thoughts?

Paul, KB8N