[CQ-Contest] Re: K5ZD's RTTY Adventure

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: K5ZD's RTTY Adventure
From: KC1F@prodigy.net (KC1F)
Date: Fri Sep 19 21:43:46 1997
> Randy K5ZD/1 wrote:
>
>   >My first experience with a RTTY pile-up was interesting --
>   >it is more important to be loud than skillful.
>
> Gee Randy, from down here in the Black Hole we thought it was that way on
> ALL modes on the east coast?
>
> 73 and have fun with the RTTY,
> John, NT5C.
     Hi Randy - a year later and 109 countries worked on RTTY, I've come to
the same conclusion. Unless the prey is listening split, it's sheer signal
strength and persistence (like calling in a 75m pileup) that works.  Bu it
is a new mode for me, and a lot easier to find new countries than on cw or
ssb !
                                   Regards..     Stu     KC1F@prodigy.net