[CQ-Contest] Re: combining filters

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: combining filters
From: no6x@inreach.com (Mike)
Date: Fri Sep 19 04:59:20 1997
I like 600hz for running in a pile up, but if the qrm is bad I will go to
400. When it gets slim, I might go to 1khz.
When searching and pouncing I find 400, or maybe 200 sufficient.
But as far as working dx I narrow it up as far as I can go, so as not to
hear the others in the pile up. The 870 allows down to 50hz, sure is nice.
I worked a 4K that I needed then moved up 300 hz and worked JY which I also
needed in a matter of less than a minute, that was cool. All I could hear
before I started dialing the bandwidth on the DSP down was the JY.
Almost spoils a guy!
GL
Mike...NO6X

Check out my home page at <http://home.inreach.com/no6x>