[CQ-Contest] CW WW RTTY Complaint (40M bandplan conflicts)

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CW WW RTTY Complaint (40M bandplan conflicts)
From: aa4lr@radio.org (Bill Coleman AA4LR)
Date: Thu Oct 2 15:35:08 1997
On 10/2/97 8:18 AM, tgstewart@pepco.com at tgstewart@pepco.com wrote:

>I would suggest the TQP move their recommended frequency on 40 to 7050 and
>up, or at least below 7030 if you want to be able to work DX at the same
>time.
>
>Unfortunately, the RTTY/CW bandplans conflict between ITU regions, which
>means that Europe and some others are only supposed to operate those modes
>below 7040...and JA's can only operate RTTY between 7025 and 7030!
>
>During a RTTY contest, there is generally DX activity between 7030 and 7045
>or 7025 to 7035 in the AM for pacific.
>
>In addition, most of the stateside RTTY activity takes place between 7080
>and 7100.

Seems to me that 99% of this spectrum conflict would be resolved if we
had a world-wide 300 kHz allocation on 40m. Whether it is 7.0-7.3 or
6.8-7.1 wouldn't matter, so long as it was the same in every region.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr@radio.org
Quote: "Not in a thousand years will man ever fly!"
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901