[CQ-Contest] Mixed Pairs

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Mixed Pairs
From: w7why@mail.coos.or.us (Tom Osborne)
Date: Fri Oct 3 01:38:53 1997
Hi Fellow contesters.
 A month or so ago I blew a tube in the FL-2100B.  I finally got it
opened up yesterday, (Wed), to check things out and found one of the
Svetlana 572-B's had a filament to grid short.  It really sparked pretty
when I turned the amp on.  Anyway, not wanting to wait too long for a
replacment, I stuck in a Penta Labs tube I had here to see what would
happen.  I turned it on and tuned it up and got 600 watts out on 20 with
1 Svetlana tube and 1 PL tube.  Now next contest I can use the amp again.
 So much for "mixed pairs" at extra cost I guess.  73
Tom W7WHY