[CQ-Contest] W0UN 1996 CQWW/CW 40M SINGLE BAND WINNER!

Subject: [CQ-Contest] W0UN 1996 CQWW/CW 40M SINGLE BAND WINNER!
From: K1ZM@aol.com (K1ZM@aol.com)
Date: Fri Oct 10 08:18:27 1997

Dear Contesters:

I am posting this to the reflector to correct an error noted in the 1996 CQWW
CW Contest results as announced in CQ Magazine.

In this contest, I submitted a singleband 40M CW entry and on my summary page
I noted I was ASSISTED (meaning that I used packet as an aid in achieving my
score).

The CQ log-checker who looked at my log must have MISSED this on the summary
sheet and passed on the score as UNASSISTED.

This resulted in my score being listed as the winner of a plaque for the high
7Mhz USA singleband score.

As this was incorrect, I notified Bob Cox about the error as soon as I had
seen it in the magazine.  Earlier this summer I had sent an email on to W0UN
which may never have been received.  In it I congratulated him and Geo on
their win!

So W0UN, operated by George Schultz, W0UA, is the winner of the USA 7MHZ CW
single-band plaque from the black hole for the second year in a row!

Congrats to both John and George!  And may the fickle finger of fate NOT fall
on my log-checker in the 1997 results.

I am pleased to have righted a simple error by this message as it was
important to have the REAL WINNER get the credit for a job vy well done!

73 and GOOD RUK CONTEST OM's!
Jeff, K1ZM

K1ZM@aol.com