[CQ-Contest] New Task Force Promotes Foxhunting, OR, a different type of

Subject: [CQ-Contest] New Task Force Promotes Foxhunting, OR, a different type of contest
From: k1ttt@berkshire.net (David Robbins)
Date: Sat Oct 11 12:42:29 1997
David Robbins wrote:
OK, guess that didn't work... lets try it this way:

The World Amateur Radio Direction Finding (ARDF) Championships were
held last month in Germany.  Hams and non-hams from dozens of
countries gathered to see which of over 250 entrants would be the
individual and team winners in this outdoor sport that combines
transmitter hunting and orienteering.  Unfortunately, no hams from
North America took part.  We're missing the fun!

A small group of radio-orienteering enthusiasts in the USA and Canada
have banded together to start filling the gap.  The new ARDF
Organizing Task Force will help and encourage hams and ham clubs on
our continent to sponsor international-style foxhunts at the local,
state, and national level.  One of our many goals is to have a
sanctioned IARU Region 2 (North and South America) ARDF Championship
foxhunt in the summer of 1999.

Here is your chance to get in on the ground floor.  We are seeking
ARDF Points of Contact in cities and towns all over the USA and
Canada.  If having lots of practice hunts, identifying and training
future radiosport stars, and participating and national and
international foxhunting championships appeals to you, drop me an
e-mail and we'll put you on the Point of Contact list.

For more information on the sport of ARDF, see the "Homing In" Web site:

http://members.aol.com/homingin/

Don't forget the forward slash at the end.  At this site, you will
find several pages devoted to on-foot foxhunting, plus links to ARDF
sites around the world.

73 de Joe Moell K0OV
homingin@aol.com

--