[CQ-Contest] I Wannawin, Please Work Me

Subject: [CQ-Contest] I Wannawin, Please Work Me
From: n6aa@juno.com (Richard J Norton)
Date: Sun Oct 12 16:15:28 1997
CQ WW Phone DX Contest Announcement:

This year, as has been the custom for the past dozen years, a group of
us from the Southern Claifornia Contest Club will be operating
multi-multi in the CQ WW Phone DX Contest. Participants are expected
to be N6AA, N6TW, N6ZZ, W6MKB, W6XD, and AB6BH, some of whom may even
drop out after reading this.

We will be signing our callsign periodically,attempting to maximizing
our score by working the largest number of stations. If we work,
correctly copying and logging our callsign and exchange is what is
expected from you to have your own score increase from our on-the-air
encounter.

Unless K6VNX regains his sanity, he will again act as QSL manager for
the operation. It would really be efficient if you didn't ask for QSL
manager information during a contest. The information will be in all
the bulletins soon enough for you to receive your card after they are
printed. This will be several months after the contest.

We would really like to win the contest, and therefore would really
like to work you. If large meteors strike 10 or 15 islands in the
Caribbean, we may finish near the top.

Everyone active in the contest who is not in your own country would
like you to work them as well. There is no reason to specially work us
because of this advertisement, or the fact that you might be in the
same radio club, or be a friend of one of us. Even if we are a new
country or band-country for you, it would be unsportsmanlike of you to
work only us.

We feel strongly about doing our share to promote sportsman-like
activity in this contest. If you want a QSL card from us, you should
work at least 10 other stations that are active in the contest. A
number of us are associated with the CQ Contest Committee, and have
access to the log database. If we notice that you have worked only us,
your card is likely to be transferred to from the reliable K6VNX to
N6AA, who presently has a large dumpster of cards awaiting reply. This
may result in a delay of several decades.

We do realize that there may be exceptional cases where an exclusive
contact is acceptable, and you can submit the reason to us. In our
discussions of acceptable excuses we have come up with one request for
documentation. Please have your next of kin submit a certified copy of
your death certificate as photocopies will not be accepted.

Good luck in the contest.

73,

Dick Norton, N6AA