[CQ-Contest] N0S - special event for JOTA

Subject: [CQ-Contest] N0S - special event for JOTA
From: albraun@socket.net (Alan Braun)
Date: Mon Oct 13 02:32:01 1997
The Mid-MO Amateur Radio Club (Jefferson City MO) and the Callaway
Amateur Radio League (Fulton MO) will combine to operate a special
event station for the Jamboree on the Air next weekend.  We will be
operating as N0S (N 0 Scouting) from the 5 Rivers District camporee
just outside Fulton MO on Saturday October 18 from around 9 am CDT
(1400 UTC) until about 5 pm CDT (2200 UTC).  We will have 2 stations
on the air, one on HF and one VHF.  I expect that most of the HF
operation will be SSB but we will do CW if the kids ask for it.

I'd like to ask other groups who will be operating JOTA to look for us
around the published frequencies on 20 and 40 mtr SSB (14290 and 7290
kHz).  In accordance with the aims of JOTA, we are mainly interested
in working stations with other Scout groups in attendance but
obviously will work others who call.  This will be a field-day style
operation, complete with tents, generators & temporary antennas so
please understand if our signal isn't real strong.

QSL is via Tom Hammond N0SS.

(BTW, my apologies if this subject isn't exactly on-topic for the
reflector.  The folks here have given me lots of the assistance I
needed to get this going and I wanted to let them know what we were
going to do).

73 - Alan NS0B

* Alan Braun MD, NS0B/V31EV *Internet: albraun@socket.net         *
* Jefferson City, MO        *Packet: NS0B@N0LBA.#cemo.mo.usa.noam *