[Fwd: Re: [CQ-Contest] DVP]

Subject: [Fwd: Re: [CQ-Contest] DVP]
From: pfkski@vail.net (Philip F. Krichbaum)
Date: Mon Oct 20 00:05:24 1997
From: "Philip F. Krichbaum" <pfkski@vail.net>
To: mmiura@tidalwave.net
CC: cq-contest@contesting, .com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] DVP

Masahiro Miura wrote:

> I would appreciate any comments on the following DVPs.
>
> (1) W2IHY audio memory keyer
> (2) MFJ voice memory keyer
> (3) DVP by LZ Engineering and Manufacturing
>
> I would like to use a DVP with a Heil Proset 4 and a TS940S.  Thank you.
>
> Masa Miura, AJ3M
> Email:  aj3m@qrv.net
>
> --
Masa, I bought a MFJ and have used it with the TS-940S with the desk
mike and will be using it with a Heil for CQWW from KH6 next weekend. Do
not plan to use it for more than testing purposes off the internal 9vdc
battery as it powers a 12vdc relay on the PTT line and the battery is
only good for about 15 mesage transmissions this way. Use it off a
separate 12vdc supply of at least 300ma.(battery is bypassed). It is
very easy to change from Kenwood, Yaseau and Icom rigs. I have used it
with my Icom 706 and at maximum audio gain on the MFJ I don't get full
output power with the 706. E mail to technical support at MFJ has never
been answered and about all the tech support guy on the phone could tell
me was to make sure the on-off switch was in the on position. Audio
reports good. Support from MFJ and manual leave a lot to be desired.
Reasonably easy to use except doesn't send over the air as you record a
new msg.  73 Phil KH6/N0KE ex W0KEA