[CQ-Contest] Pitcairn's new prefix (?)

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Pitcairn's new prefix (?)
From: vr2bg@harts.org.hk (VR97BrettGraham)
Date: Fri Oct 24 09:03:06 1997
I have just spoken with the HKSAR Telecom Authority & they advise that they
have received a reply from the UK Radcom Agency about HARTS' formal
complaint over the use of prefixes belonging to the PRC by amateurs
licensed by the UK.

While it is not yet clear how they allowed this to happen, it appears the
RA is now scrambling to change Pitcairn calls to VP6.  I hope that we will
be able to confirm this sooner rather than later so that the word can be
spread.  Treatment of amateurs here when we switched to VR2 calls was far
from favorable, so I hope the international amateur community will do
better when the first VP6s appear on the bands.

73, VR97BrettGraham
President, HARTS